NEW: Now available with an additional USB input, the DAC202U.
NEW: DAC202 customers are welcome to get the free Amarra HiFi player
from the Amarra website. For more information click here.
"I really appreciate the musicality of your DAC. I listen to it for hours each day, and those hours are far more enjoyable since your DAC entered my system!"
Tom Mornini, USA
"I listened to the DAC202 last week and immediately ordered one. It is the best DAC I have ever heard. Period."
A customer on computeraudiophile.com
"All things considered, the Weiss DAC202 is the best-sounding DAC I’ve had in my system. (...) I’ve never heard better sound through my audio system than when listening to hi-rez recordings through the DAC202."
Jeff Fritz - UltraAudio
- USA – The Absolute Sound Editor’s Choice Award
- Japan – AEX Audio Excellence Award
- Hong Kong – HiFi Review Product Of The Year
- Thailand – Audiophile Product Of The Year
- USA - The Absolute Sound Golden Ear Award 2011 , read about it here.
Click on the pictures to get more information
The DAC202 is a reference class Firewire D/A Converter with a IR remote control for volume control, absolute phase and input source selection.
Features of the DAC202:
- Available in silver or black finish
- Digital Inputs: AES/EBU or S/PDIF on 1 XLR, 1 RCA, 1 Toslink, Firewire
- Digital Outputs: AES/EBU on 1 XLR, 1 RCA, Firewire
- Main Analog Output: 2 stereo analog outputs, one on XLR one on RCA
- Headphone output on 1/4" Jack
- Level control main output: 4 coarse settings via relays (analog domain), fine setting via rotary encoder (digital domain). Level control can be defeated for the main output.
- Level control headphone output: 4 coarse settings via relays (analog domain, independent from the settings in the main output), fine setting via rotary encoder (digital domain).
- Wordsync input on BNC connector
- Wordsync output on BNC connector
- LCD display for display of sampling rate, input source, audio level, absolute phase, upsampling filter type, various menu items
- Rotary encoder with push switch
- IR receiver
- Standby LED
- Headphone Jack socket
- Transparency check (allows to check the bit transparency of a playback chain)
- Setting of the coarse output levels (analog domain), separate for the main output and the headphone output
- Dual / single wire selection for 176.4 / 192 kHz sampling rate
- "Insert Mode" allows to loop in a external digital audio device (e.g. a equalizer) via the AES/EBU I/O on the XLR connectors
- Sampling rate setting on the WSYNC I/O connectors in dual wire mode
- Display brightness
IR Remote control switches:
- power on/off
- volume up
- volume down
- input sources (4 switches for Firewire, XLR, RCA. Toslink)
- DAC upsampling filter type
- absolute phase
Sampling rates: 44.1 up to 192 khz / 24 Bits
The DAC202 also has a new D/A converter and new analog output stages
compared to former D/A Converter models. The D/A converter uses two converters per channel to gain in signal to noise ratio.
DAC202 back view:
Size (approx.): depth: 30cm x width: 19cm x height: 8cm